When you are down on your luck or feel as if you just can’t catch a break, sometimes it’s difficult to pick up the pieces and get things moving again. This collection of uplifting quotes about tough times will motivate you to get back on your feet once more.
During moments of sadness, it can feel like no one understands us, or that no one has gone through what we are going through. It is during these times that reading quotes of power, inspirational depression quotes, encouragement, or words of wisdom from others who have walked in our shoes before, can give us some clarity to fully understand that we will get through this difficult time.
Overcoming Hardships Quotes
Tomorrow is another day. Sometimes, even just the simplest encouraging word can be what we need to turn things around. Perhaps these quotes about hope will provide encouragement when tough times hit.
- 1 Uplifting Sayings and Quotes To Help You Get Through Tough Times
- 2 Inspiring Quotes To Help You Get Through Tough Times
- 3 More Quotes and Sayings for When The Going Gets Tough
- 4 Uplifting quotes for difficult times
- 5 Inspirational tough times quotes to make you strong
- 6 Tough times quotes to remind you of your strength
- 7 Inspirational tough times quotes
- 8 Tough times quotes to get you through the difficult times
- 9 More tough times quotes to strenghen you
- 10 Are you experiencing some tough times?
Uplifting Sayings and Quotes To Help You Get Through Tough Times
1. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’
2. “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho, ‘The Fifth Mountain’
3. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
4. “Don’t just learn, experience.
Don’t just read, absorb.
Don’t just change, transform.
Don’t just relate, advocate.
Don’t just promise, prove.
Don’t just criticize, encourage.
Don’t just think, ponder.
Don’t just take, give.
Don’t just see, feel.
Don’t just dream, do.
Don’t just hear, listen.
Don’t just talk, act.
Don’t just tell, show.
Don’t just exist, live.” – Roy T. Bennett, ‘The Light in the Heart’
5. “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
7. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin, ‘Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life’
8. “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo
9. “Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you are moving, you are creating alternatives and possibilities.” – Rodolfo Costa, ‘Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes’
10. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” – Stephanie Lahart, ‘Overcoming Life’s Obstacles: Enlighten-Encourage-Empower’
Inspiring Quotes To Help You Get Through Tough Times
11. “If you always attach positive emotions to the things you want, and never attach negative emotions to the things you don’t, then that which you desire most will invariably come your way.” – Matt D. Miller
12. “One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” – Shannon L. Alder
13. “One word of encouragement can be enough to spark someone’s motivation to continue with a difficult challenge.” – Roy T. Bennett
14. “Opportunity may knock only once but temptation leans on the door bell.” – Oprah Winfrey, ‘Oprah Winfrey Speaks: Insights from the World’s Most Influential Voice’
15. “Connecting with those you know love, like and appreciate you restores the spirit and gives you energy to keep moving forward in this life.” – Deborah Day, ‘BE HAPPY NOW!’
16. “The greatest joys in life are found not only in what we do and feel, but also in our quiet hopes and labors for others.” – Bryant McGill, ‘Voice of Reason’
17. “Who do you spend time with? Criticizers or encouragers? Surround yourself with those who believe in you. Your life is too important for anything less.” – Steve Goodier
18. “If you feel like giving up, give up on that feeling and give into the realization there are endless possibilities waiting to be discovered before you.” – Tom Althouse
19. “So the next time you see a person with a compose face and a soft voice, remember that inside her mind she might be solving an equation, composing a sonnet, designing a hat. She might, that is, be deploying the powers of quiet.” – Susan Cain, ‘Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking’
20. “Encouragement is like water to the soul, it makes everything grow.” – Chris Burkmenn
Also read these deep dark quotes for moving past difficult times.
More Quotes and Sayings for When The Going Gets Tough
21. “The noble-minded encourage what is beautiful in people and discourage what is ugly in them. Little people do just the opposite.” – Confucius, ‘The Analects’
22. “But I’ve bought a big bat.
I’m all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going
To have troubles with me!” – Dr. Seuss
23. “You need to be buried deep in the dirt before you can find your bloom.” – Roz Inga
24. “At the root of all misery is unfulfilled desire.” – Scott Hahn, ‘Hope for Hard Times’
25. “…I’ve discovered that if you want to reach your true potential, it’s much more effective to ignite a new passion for life than to dwell on past problems.” – Neil A. Fiore, ‘Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage’
26. “In life, we make the best decisions we can with the information we have on hand.” – Agnes Kamara-Umunna, ‘And Still Peace Did Not Come: A Memoir of Reconciliation’
27. “Every goal first started as something in our mind. You have it all within you!” – Deborah Day, ‘BE HAPPY NOW!’
28. “He worked with her as she was and not as he wanted her to be.” – Colin Clark, ‘My Week with Marilyn’
29. “How can you love people without encouraging them? And how can you be loyal to people without educating them.” – Confucius, ‘The Analects’
30. “For the rest of his life, Oliver Twist remembers a single word of blessing spoken to him by another child because this word stood out so strikingly from the consistent discouragement around him.” – Charles Dickens, ‘Oliver Twist’
Uplifting quotes for difficult times
31. “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in tough times.” – Tilman J. Fertitta
32. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”—Confucius
33. “Every adversity brings new experiences and new lessons.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
34. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.”– Martin Luther King
35. “All of life is a test and we all have our challenges to meet.” ― Marjory Sheba
36. “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
37. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
38. “You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it.” – Unknown
39. “Never give up. Things may be hard, but if you quit trying they’ll never get better. Stop worrying and start trusting God. It will be worth it.” ― Germany Kent
40. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Inspirational tough times quotes to make you strong
Overcoming Hardships Quotes (2020)
41. “Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal.” – Nathan Chen
42. “Going through challenging things can teach you a lot, and they also make you appreciate the times that aren’t so challenging.” – Carrie Fisher
43. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”– Kenji Miyazawa
44. “I don’t know a startup that hasn’t been through tough times.” – Vinod Khosla
45. “You start with a darkness to move through
but sometimes the darkness moves through you.” ― Dean Young
46. “I like to use the hard times of the past to motivate me today.” –Dwayne Johnson
47. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
48. “Hard times, when held with open hands and a tender heart, can prepare us for the future.” ― Cindee Snider Re
49. “There have been some hard times, people around me supported me.” – Laure Manaudou
50. “Hard times may have put you down sometimes but they will not last forever. When all is said and done, you will be wise and strong.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
Tough times quotes to remind you of your strength
51. “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.”—Robert Schuller
52. “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.”—William J. Brennan
53. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”—Dale Carnegie
54. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”– Og Mandino
55. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”—Carl Bard
56. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
57. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”—Thomas Edison
58. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”—Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne
59. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.”―H.G. Wells
60. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”—Robert H. Schuller
61. “Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.”—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
62. “To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.”—Gail Sheehy
63. “He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity.”– William Samuel Johnson
64. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”—Les Brown
65. “Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.”– Napoleon Hill
Inspirational tough times quotes
66. “Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.” — Angela Duckworth
67. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
68. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.” — J.K. Rowling
69. “The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.” – Seneca The Younger
70. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
71. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” – Coco Chanel
72. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” — Og Mandino
73. “Hard times make you bitter or make you more compassionate.” – Jewel
74. “Hard times may have held you down, but they will not last forever. When all is said and done, you will be increased.” — Joel Osteen
75. “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig Ziglar
Tough times quotes to get you through the difficult times
76. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
77. “It takes a lot of courage to push through hard times. Never give up. Good things are coming your way.”― Robert Tew
78. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”– Duke Ellington
79. “Hard times lifts the seeking souls to higher spiritual realms.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
80. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
81. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.”—Unknown
82. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
83. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth.”—Unknown
84. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
85. “Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anyone else.” – Unknown
More tough times quotes to strenghen you
86. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
87. “Hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made.” – Gabrielle Douglas
88. “When life changes itself to harder. Change yourself to stronger.” –
Anurag Prakash Ray
89. “Only during hard times do people come to understand how difficult it is to be master of their feelings and thoughts.” – Anton Chekhov
90. “The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is.” – Charles M Schwab
91. “Life will always be hard on you, but it doesn’t mean you should give up.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
92. “One small crack does not mean you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
93. “In difficult times, it’s so hard to look around and to see what to be grateful for.” – Alice Barrett
94. “In my experience, people who don’t stick around during the hard times weren’t worth having around anyway.” – Kimberly Belle
95. “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” – Walt Disney
Are you experiencing some tough times?
Don’t worry: there’s always light at the end of every tunnel. Difficult times don’t last. You may experienced pain, sadness, or loss, but remember that they’re only there for a season. Often, no matter how hard life gets, it’s up to us to pick up the pieces and continue.
Read: johnny cash quotes
Keyword: Overcoming Hardships Quotes (2020), overcoming obstacles in life quotes, quotes about overcoming obstacles in business, quotes about obstacles making you stronger, quotes about overcoming hard times, quotes about overcoming pain, triumph over adversity quotes, overcoming adversity, smile in the face of adversity quotes.