No matter who you are or where you’re going in life, we all need a little bit of a push, and these magic quotes can help get you there.
When you were a child, the thought of magic was never far off. From the movies you watched to the books you read to the stories of Santa and the Easter Bunny you believed in, magic was a part of your life.
- 1 Do you believe in magic?
- 2 Magic Quotes to Keep You Believing
- 3 Magic quotes to awaken your dreams
- 4 Magic quotes to spark your inner fire
- 5 Magic quotes to boost your imagination
- 6 Magic quotes to open up your eyes to it
- 7 More magic quotes and sayings
- 8 Which of these magic quotes washed over your senses?
Do you believe in magic?
As we grow older, that magic fades away, and it can be hard to regain it during the many trials and tribulations of adult life. But there is always hope and magic in the world, if you simply know where to look for it.
To bring a little bit of that magic back, we’ve scoured the internet to find the best magic quotes for you, to keep you believing in larger and beautiful things.
Don’t forget to also read our compilation of quotes from Peter Pan, these creativity quotes as well as these unicorn quotes that will spark your imagination.
Magic Quotes to Keep You Believing
1. “Books are a uniquely portable magic.”― Stephen King
2. “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”― Roald Dahl
3. “Believe in your heart that you’re meant to live a life full of passion, purpose, magic and miracles.”― Roy T. Bennett
4. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”― W.B. Yeats
5. “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”― Arthur C. Clarke
6. “Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.”― Nora Roberts
7. “Children see magic because they look for it.”― Christopher Moore
8. “I want to be magic. I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic.”― Charles de Lint
9. “Music is the strongest form of magic.”― Marilyn Manson
10. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.”― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Magic quotes to awaken your dreams
11. “Magic can be found in stolen moments.”― Francesca Lia Block
12. “I am sure there is Magic in everything, only we have not sense enough to get hold of it and make it do things for us.”― Frances Hodgson Burnett
13. “Magic will find those with pure hearts, even when all seems lost.”― Morgan Rhodes
14. “Never, ever stop believing in magic, no matter how old you get. Because if you keep looking long enough and don’t give up, sooner or later you’re going to find Mary Poppins.” ― Steve Kluger
15. “Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable.“ – Margot Fonteyn
16. “Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment of others.” — Wayne Dyer
17. “Imagination is the true magic carpet.” – Norman Vincent Peale
18. “There’s just some magic in truth and honesty and openness.” – Frank Ocean
19. “Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It’s a miracle, and the dance is a celebration of that miracle.” – Martha Graham
20. “Movies are like magic tricks.” – Jeff Bridges
Also read these Dumbledore quotes on love, life, and integrity.
Magic quotes to spark your inner fire
21. “There’s a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out.” – Lou Reed
22. “Painting is a lie. It’s the most magic of all media, the most transcendent. It makes space where there is no space.” – Chuck Close
23. “I was so young, and making movies, going to the studio every morning at dawn was magic.” – Natalie Wood
24. “For me, there is very little difference between magic and art. To me, the ultimate act of magic is to create something from nothing: It’s like when the stage magician pulls the rabbit from the hat.” – Alan Moore
25. “People often called us perfectionists, but we were not looking for perfection. We were looking for some kind of magic in the music.” – Paul Simon
26. “I always write ‘Magic Potion’ on my perfume bottles so when I use them, it feels magical – I make spells in the morning when I put them on.” –Alexa Chung
27. “I think making a movie or a record, the best things happen by accident – and those end up being the magic. Every time I’ve followed my gut it’s been better than when I’ve tried to do what I was supposed to do.” – Zooey Deschanel
28. “Magic lies in challenging what seems impossible.” – Carol Moseley Braun
29. “I think that the ideal space must contain elements of magic, serenity, sorcery and mystery.” – Luis Barragan
30. “Magic is at the core of myths.”- Colin Farrell
Magic quotes to boost your imagination
31. “Music is so intimate and so personal that when you can find somebody that feels the same way about it that you do, it’s magic. It can be. It really can be.” – Trisha Yearwood
32. “What others call magic realism is normal and an everyday thing to me.” – Laura Esquivel
33. “I think space and music go hand in hand in the sense that they give a little more mystery and magic to life.” – Bazzi
34. “I am here on Earth to express myself, and the many media of art are my magic carpets that allow me the freedom to do so.” – Brandon Boyd
35. “The world is its own magic.” – Shunryu Suzuki
36. “If you see the magic in a fairy tale, you can face the future.” – Danielle Steel
37. “Part of show business is magic. You don’t know how it happens.” –Sammy Davis, Jr.
38. “I think hope and magic are probably connected.” – Kate DiCamillo
39. “The Internet has always been, and always will be, a magic box.”- Marc Andreessen
40. “Making people laugh is magic. I feel like if you have humility, then you can do anything in comedy.” – Amanda Seyfried
Magic quotes to open up your eyes to it
41. “Nature is a petrified magic city.” – Novalis
42. “Words can have the same kind of magic as riffs can.” – Stone Gossard
43. “And where does magic come from? I think that magic’s in the learning.” – Dar Williams
44. “It’s a very hard thing for all of us to accept ourselves at all the different stages – the horrible side, the wonderful side, the adorable side – and who you are as a grownup. And then to bring what you learned as a child to that grownup: that is the magic of creativity.” – Ellen Greene
45. “I think reading is one of the greatest forms of magic available to us on the planet.” – Jim James
46. “Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real.” – Donald Wills Douglas
47. “It’s not sometimes realistic to think that something magical can happen, but I think I look for the magic.” – Sherilyn Fenn
48. “The Internet has always been, and always will be, a magic box.” – Marc Andreessen
49. “You can live your dreams, and you can believe in magic. You can live your dreams, and you can be yourself.” – Keiynan Lonsdale
50. “Magic touches people in the way great art does. It lets them see the world with new eyes.” – Drummond Money-Coutts
More magic quotes and sayings
51. “Magic’s just science that we don’t understand yet.”― Arthur C. Clarke
52. “Magic comes from what is inside you. It is a part of you. You can’t weave together a spell that you don’t believe in.”― Jim Butcher
53. “That’s the thing about magic; you’ve got to know it’s still here, all around us, or it just stays invisible for you.”― Charles de Lint
54. “To each his own magic.”― Libba Bray
55. “Some people are magic, and others are just the illusion of it.”― Beau Taplin
56. “M is for magic. All the letters are, if you put them together properly. You can make magic with them, and dreams, and, I hope, even a few surprises…”― Neil Gaiman
57. “But remember. Just because you don’t believe in something doesn’t mean it isn’t real.”― Katherine Howe
58. “Magical places are always beautiful and deserve to be contemplated … Always stay on the bridge between the invisible and the visible.”― Paulo Coelho
59. “But all the magic I have known I’ve had to make myself.”― Shel Silverstein
60. “Magic doesn’t require beauty,’ she said. ‘Easy magic is pretty. Great magic asks that you trouble the waters. It requires a disruption, something new.”― Leigh Bardugo
Which of these magic quotes washed over your senses?
No matter how old you are, there’s always magic to be found in this world. Whether it’s in the art that we create, the joy we bring others, the challenges we crush, the self-empowerment we build, the failures that lead to opportunities, or just the path that life leads us on, magic lingers within us and all around us, if we can just believe.
We hope these awesome magic quotes stirred the child inside of you and give you the chance to widen your perspective to the mystery and beauty of existence.
Reach out and you’ll find – there’s magic everywhere when you open up your eyes to it and allow it to wash over your senses. That magic is real, just like the everyday power inside of you.
Which of these magic quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.