These colorful blue quotes will delight the senses and spark creativity.
Blue is a popular favorite color around the world, and is beloved across a variety of cultures. These quotes about blue will illustrate the power and beauty of the hue. The color blue is vibrant, bold, and bright, while still remaining mellow and ethereal.
- 1 Why do you love the color blue?
- 2 Blue quotes to delight your senses
- 3 Blue quotes to spark your creativity
- 4 Blue quotes to inspire your artistic spirit
- 5 Blue quotes that will ignite your passion for all things blue
- 6 Blue quotes that will make your day
- 7 More blue quotes and sayings
- 8 Which of these brilliant blue quotes most inspires you to live a colorful life?
Why do you love the color blue?
Whether you like navy, sky, or robin’s egg, these colorful sayings will bring you joy. Take a dive into the study of color theory and explore a wide range of shades and tints. The color blue is all around us, in art, fashion, nature, and more. Read these blue quotes and appreciate our vivid, colorful lives.
The best quotes about the color blue will inspire you to create art and spread joy. Indulge your senses in the shades of the sky and ocean. Read these colorful words to spark your creativity and open your mind to fresh perspectives. These blue quotes about the world’s best color will encourage your artistic spirit.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of rainbow quotes that will inspire you to find peace and tranquility.
Blue quotes to delight your senses
1. “Blue has no dimensions, it is beyond dimensions, whereas the other colours are not … All colours arouse specific associative ideas, psychologically material or tangible, while blue suggests at most the sea and sky, and they, after all, are in actual, visible nature what is most abstract.” – Yves Klein
2. “How sweet to be a Cloud. Floating in the Blue!” – A. A. Milne
3. “Blue thou art, intensely blue; Flower, whence came thy dazzling hue?” – James Montgomery
4. “But the sky was never quite the same shade of blue again.” – Anne Rice
5. “No water, no life. No blue, no green.” – Sylvia Earle
6. “I spend a lot of my time looking at blue; The colour of my room and my mood.” – Kate Bush
7. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – Judy Garland
8. “Blue is the color of peace. Water is blue. I like the color blue because it just puts me at peace. The patriotic symbol is blue. I just like blue.” – Antonio Brown
9. “Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the deity to be a source of delight.” – John Ruskin
10. “A certain blue enters your soul. A certain red has an effect on your blood-pressure.” – Henri Matisse
Blue quotes to spark your creativity
11. “Each band or level, being a particular manifestation of the spectrum, is what it is only by virtue of the other bands. The color blue is no less beautiful because it exists along side the other colors of a rainbow, and “blueness” itself depends upon the existence of the other colors, for if there were no color but blue, we would never be able to see it.” – Ken Wilber
12. “We all have one idea of what the color blue is, but pressed to describe it specifically, there are so many ways: the ocean, lapis lazuli, the sky, someone’s eyes. Our definitions are as different as we are ourselves.” – Sarah Dessen
13. “Sun-bleached bones were most wonderful against the blue – that blue that will always be there as it is now after all man’s destruction is finished.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
14. “Life is simple, it’s either cherry red or midnight blue.” – Lou Gramm
15. “Blue is the only color which maintains its own character in all its tones it will always stay blue; whereas yellow is blackened in its shades, and fades away when lightened; red when darkened becomes brown, and diluted with white is no longer red, but another color – pink.” – Raoul Dufy
16. “The sun is up, the sky is blue; It’s beautiful, and so are you.” – John Lennon
17. “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” – Vincent Van Gogh
18. “Artists can color the sky red because they know it’s blue. Those of us who aren’t artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we’re stupid.” – Jules Feiffer
19. “It’s calm under the waves in the blue of my oblivion.” – Fiona Apple
20. “The only footwear I need is an inexpensive pair of blue sneakers. They have soft fabric tops and soft rubber-like soles. I get them one size too large so I can wiggle my toes. I feel as free as though I were barefoot! And I can usually get 1,500 miles to a pair. I wear a pair of navy blue socks.There’s a reason why I chose navy blue for my wearing apparel – it’s a very practical color, doesn’t show dirt, and the color blue does represent peace and spirituality.” – Peace Pilgrim
Blue quotes to inspire your artistic spirit
21. “Midnight blue is the only color that can ever compete with black.” – Christian Dior
22. “Fashion is mysterious, as a rule. Why are blue jeans a classic? You just hit on something that happens to be timeless and right.” – Diane von Furstenberg
23. “The deeper the blue becomes, the more strongly it calls man towards the infinite, awakening in him a desire for the pure and, finally, for the supernatural … The brighter it becomes, the more it loses its sound, until it turns into silent stillness and becomes white.” – Wassily Kandinsky
24. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” – Eleanora Duse
25. “We are a blue planet and an ocean world.” – Nainoa Thompson
26. “Honestly, what I think set everything off is when I cut my hair off when I was 16 and dyed it blue. After that, I just felt so free and wanted to experiment with my look.” – Kylie Jenner
27. “The sky was a midnight-blue, like warm, deep, blue water, and the moon seemed to lie on it like a water-lily, floating forward with an invisible current.” – Willa Cather
28. “When I paint green, it doesn’t mean grass; when I paint blue, it doesn’t mean sky.” – Henri Matisse
29. “The sea! The sea! The open sea!, The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” – Bryan Procter
30. “There are connoisseurs of blue just as there are connoisseurs of wine.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
Blue quotes that will ignite your passion for all things blue
31. “I always say my music is like dark blue or black, like a punch to your gut that feels really good.” – Banks
32. “If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue.” – Paul Gauguin
33. “I live for those who love me, for those who know me true, for the heaven so blue above me, and the good that I can do.” – George Linnaeus Banks
34. “Blue is the male principle, stern and spiritual. Yellow the female principle, gentle, cheerful and sensual. Red is matter, brutal and heavy and always the colour which must be fought and vanquished by the other two.” – Franz Marc
35. “But never have I been a blue calm sea. I have always been a storm.” – Stevie Nicks
36. “When you love a man, he becomes more than a body. His physical limbs expand, and his outline recedes, vanishes. He is rich and sweet and right. He is part of the world, the atmosphere, the blue sky and the blue water.” – Gwendolyn Brooks
37. “She had blue skin, And so did he. He kept it hid; And so did she. They searched for blue; Their whole life through, Then passed right by – And never knew.” – Shel Silverstein
38. “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan
39. “Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.” – Lord Byron
40. “This is the light of the mind, cold and planetary. The trees of the mind are black. The light is blue.” – Sylvia Plath
Blue quotes that will make your day
41. “Stars are the daisies that begem; The blue fields of the sky.” – David Macbeth Moir
42. “I held a blue flower in my hand, probably a wild aster, wondering what its name was, and then thought that human names for natural things are superfluous. Nature herself does not name them. The important thing is to know this flower, look at its color until the blends becomes as real as a keynote of music. Look at the exquisite yellow flowerettes at the center, become very small with them. Be the flower, be the trees, the blowing grasses. Fly with the birds, jump with a squirrel!” – Sally Carrighar
43. “O suns and skies and clouds of June, and flowers of June together. Ye cannot rival for one hour October’s bright blue weather.” – Helen Hunt
44. “A cat’s rage is beautiful, burning with pure cat flame, all its hair standing up and crackling blue sparks, eyes blazing and sputtering.” – William S. Burroughs
45. “The word “Blue” does not mean the sensation caused by a gentian on the human eye; but it means the power of producing that sensation: and this power is always there, in the thing, whether we are there to experience it or not, and would remain there though there were not a man left on the face of the earth.” – John Ruskin
46. “The soft blue sky did never melt Into his heart; he never felt The witchery of the soft blue sky!” – William Wordsworth
47. “The true person is; Not anyone in particular; But like the deep blue color; Of the limitless sky, It is everyone, Everywhere in the world.” – Dogen
48. “I will do water – beautiful, blue water.” – Claude Monet
49. “Blue is therefore most suitable as the color of interior life.” – William H. Gass
50. “I never get tired of the blue sky.” – Vincent Van Gogh
More blue quotes and sayings
51. “When the flowers, and the sky are blue, then you shall have the mountains rise up and kiss the sky as a mother would kiss her child.”― Anthony T. Hincks
52. “It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” – Diana Gabaldon
53. “Blue was never so beautiful blue.”― Petra Hermans
54. “My favorite color is blue, and my secret favorite color is pink.”- Paul Dano
55. “Let the blue of the sky and ocean take your blue away when you feel blue.”― Munia Khan
56. “Where did you get your eyes so blue? Out of the sky as I came through.”
– George MacDonald
57. “Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the deity to be a source of delight.” – John Ruskin
58. “Blue suggests the sea and sky, and they, after all, are in actual, visible nature what is most abstract.” – Yves Klein
59. “This great blue world of ours is but a house of leaves, moments before the wind.” – Mark Z. Danielewski
60. “You can never be lost when you learn to get lost into the blue of the sea..”― Munia Khan
Which of these brilliant blue quotes most inspires you to live a colorful life?
These remarkable insights about the color blue will give you a fresh perspective on visual beauty. Whether you’re drawn to the hue of the ocean, sky, or sapphires, you’ll enjoy these blue quotes.
The sayings above come from the minds of influential artists, celebrities, and color enthusiasts. You’ll be inspired to surround yourself with gorgeous shades of blue once you understand the powerful effect of the color.
The top quotes regarding blue are guaranteed to delight your senses. Whether blue is your favorite color or not, these words will boost your creativity. If you enjoy art, nature, or fashion, this gorgeous hue should interest you. Share these colorful quotes with your friends to ignite their passion for all things blue.
What are your favorite quotes about the color blue? Let us know in the comment section below.