Our latest collection of being single quotes on why it might actually be the best way to live. These being single quotes will help you love yourself more.
Although many people view relationships as the best part of life, being single can actually be the most magical, wonderful time of your life.
Being single allows you to do whatever you want, whenever you want, and without the pressures of a relationship. It allows you to experience so much without having to compromise.
In fact, being alone can help you enjoy some of the most productive and liberating years of your life. You can use your single years to grow and evolve as it affords you the opportunity to develop skills and talents you may have forgotten about or didn’t even know you had.
When you’re in a relationship, you tend to live for others and put their needs before yours. But being single means you can make your own rules,
find out who you really are and explore what you want to do with your life.
To celebrate the independence that being alone brings, here is our collection of being single quotes, being single sayings, and being single proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
- 1 Being single quotes that celebrate independence
- 2 Being single quotes to help you focus on yourself
- 3 Being single quotes to inspire self-love
- 4 Being single quotes to help you make the most of your life
- 5 Being single quotes you need to see
- 6 More being single quotes and sayings
- 7 Which of these being single quotes was your favorite?
Being single quotes that celebrate independence
1. ”Being single is definitely better than being with the wrong person” – Hassan Choughari
2. ”Single is no longer a lack of options – but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out.” – Mandy Hale
3. ”Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.” – Mandy Hale
4. ”I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person.” – Oscar Wilde
5. ”It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.” – Anonymous
6. ”I love being single. I can come and go as I please and stay out as late as I want to.” – Eric Dickerson
7. ”I don’t need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we’ll ever have is the one with ourselves.” —Shirley MacLaine
8. ”I like being single — I’m always there when I need me.” – Art Leo
9. ”A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” – Mandy Hale
10. ”Being single doesn’t necessarily mean you’re available. Sometimes you have to put up a sign that says, “Do Not Disturb” on your heart.” – Wiz Khalifa
Being single quotes to help you focus on yourself
11. ”You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship to the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose.” – Jo Coudert
12. ”If you really are going to be a happy single, you have to stop treating being single as the annoying time that you pass between relationships and embrace it. Rather than focusing on what you lack, focus on what you have: You.” – Natalie Lue
13. ”I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” – Walt Whitman
14. ”If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
15. ”You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
16. ”People would be a lot better off if they’d enjoy being single.” – Lewis Black
17. ”Discover why you’re important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree. – Fisher Amelie
18. ”Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love.” – Mandy Hale
19. ”Single lady, the man you want might not necessarily be the man you need.” – Martha Macharia
20. ”You’re single not because you are not good enough for one, it’s that you’re too good for the wrong one.” – Chris Burkmenn
Being single quotes to inspire self-love
21. ”Being single doesn’t make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own. – Xavier Zayas
22. ”Some people think it’s wrong, being single isn’t right. But you hurt the right person you’ll be wrong all your life.” – Tyga
23. ”Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you’re in.” – Kelly Rowland
24. ”Solitude is the place of purification.” – Martin Buber
25. ”Being single doesn’t mean no one loves you… It just means that God is busy writing your love story.” – Anonymous
26. ”I don’t need Prince Charming to have my own happy ending. – Katy Perry
27. ”People aren’t defined by their relationships.” – Nina Dobrev
28. ”You don’t have to be part of a couple to be happy, you know.” – Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
29. ”I love single life! Why would it be boring? I mean, I get to travel around and have loads of girls screaming at me, so it’s definitely not boring. However, it can get lonely on the road, but I’m sorted I’ve got good people around me.” – Olly Murs
30. ”A broken relationship would make you feel more lonely than when you were single.” – Anonymous
Being single quotes to help you make the most of your life
31. ”Too many women throw themselves into romance because they’re afraid of being single.”- Julie Deply
32. ”Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you.” – Omkar Phatakc
33. ”You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself.” – Jo Courdert
34. ”Now I’m feeling how I should. Never knew single could feel this good.” – Jason Derulo
35. ”No human being can really understand another, and no one can arrange another’s happiness.” – Graham Greene
36. ”I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.” – Henry David Thoreau
37. ”Single” is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.” – Mandy Hale
38. ”Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like It.” – John Mayer
39. ”I’d rather be alone than unhappy.” – Whitney Houston
40. ”The most profound relationship that you can ever have is the one that you have with yourself.” – Anonymous
Being single quotes you need to see
41. ”Too many girls rush into relationships because of the fear of being single, then start making compromises, and losing their identity. Don’t do that.” – Katy Perry
42. ”He is his own best friend, and takes delight in privacy whereas the man of no virtue or ability is his own worst enemy and is afraid of solitude.” – Aristotle
43. ”People are really concerned about my relationship status. When I tell people I’m happy being single, they don’t believe me. They say: ‘You have to be miserable being alone’.” – Kelly Clarkson
44. ”Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
45. ”A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.” – Anonymous
46. ”There’s something really cool about knowing that your destiny is so big that you’re not meant to share it with anyone. At least not yet.” –Anonymous
47. ”Single? No, i’m just in a relationship with freedom.” – Anonymous
48. ”Bad Relationships are like a bad investment.” – Sonya Parker
49. ”SINGLE is not a status. It is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others!” – Abigail Rajkumar
50. ”If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you’re always going to be disappointed.” – Madonna
More being single quotes and sayings
51. “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
52. “It’s better to “stay single” than being “single again.”― Sharfaraz Ahmed
53. “There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.”― Mandy Hale
54. “The reason I am single is that I gave my all to people who are not giving me a chance.”― De philosopher DJ Kyos
55. “If we be doomed to marry, we marry; if we be doomed to remain single we do.”― Thomas Hardy
56. “You can’t put a leash on me. I’m unleashable!”― Tiffany Winfree
57. “I love being single. It’s almost like being rich.”― Sue Grafton
58. “All single people are not really single
They all have untold stories behind the scene.”― Ahmed Ali Anjum
59. “Some people are happily single. Some are unhappily married.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
60. “Being with no one is better than being with the wrong one. Sometimes those who fly solo have the strongest wings.”― Nitya Prakash
Which of these being single quotes was your favorite?
Many people view being single as something to be escaped and avoided at all costs. But being alone can actually be the best way to live.
Being single means you can truly learn to love yourself and your independence. It provides the opportunity to reflect on life and be more meaningful.
Did you enjoy these being single quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.