These inspirational quotes about wrestling and hard work will boost your ambitions.
The sport of wrestling requires a great deal of strength, practice, determination, and spirit. Are you more interested in Olympic wrestling or professional wrestling? There are several different forms of this revered competitive sport.
This collection of the best wrestling quotes will inspire and empower you. The next time you need a boost of motivation, remember these incredible words of wisdom.
Wrestling is a combination of athleticism, theatrics, and sportsmanship. It takes hard work and dedication to your craft if you want to become a wrestler. Read these motivational quotes about wrestling to boost your ambitions and get your head in the game.
If you believe in yourself and put in the effort, you can truly achieve your greatest goals. Whether you dream of fame, fortune, or fulfillment, it’s possible for you to become a wrestling legend. Share this collection of the best quotes about wrestling with your friends and family.
Also check out these training quotes to inspire you towards personal development.
- 1 Wrestling quotes about hard work, talent, and dedication
- 2 Wrestling quotes to boost your ambitions
- 3 Wrestling quotes to ignite your competitive spirit
- 4 Wrestling quotes to get your head in the game
- 5 Wrestling quotes to inspire and empower you
- 6 Which of these wrestling quotes encourages your mental toughness?
Wrestling quotes about hard work, talent, and dedication
1. “More enduringly than any other sport, wrestling teaches self-control and pride. Some have wrestled without great skill ― none have wrestled without pride.” – Dan Gable
2. “Wrestling is ballet with violence.” – Jesse Ventura
3. “I had a particular affinity for wrestling, and it did have a lot to do with being small and being combative ― and being angry. And when you’re small and you don’t back down, you get in a lot of fights.” – John Irving
4. “One of the fun things about wrestling is that you can do a move and leave your stamp on the business forever.” – Matt Hardy
5. “In wrestling, there is no retreat. No way to slow things down. In wrestling, you advance and advance, and being tired is just a lie to make the other guy think he can relax. It’s so hard ― harder than anything I’ve ever done.” – Channing Tatum
6. “I’m a huge fan of wrestling, and I would like to see the position of women in the sport continue to improve, so if I can be a part of it, great.” – Ronda Rousey
7. “I found out in pro wrestling that it works better if you just try and be yourself versus working on something you’re not, so I’m me, and maybe it’s magnified a bit, but it’s easier just being me.” – Stone Cold Steve Austin
8. “It’s hard to explain, but it’s a beautiful thing to watch in wrestling when someone loses in the exact perfect way.” – Bret Hart
9. “No activity I know is more of a confidence builder and the same at time more humility training than wrestling.” – James Leach
10. “Wrestling teaches you nothing comes easy. Nothing in life comes easy, so you have to work at it.” – Mike Sullivan
Wrestling quotes to boost your ambitions
11. “Wrestling needs to be about the art form again. It needs to be about painting a picture and having a really good match.” – Hulk Hogan
12. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
13. “Wrestling was like stand-up comedy for me. Every night I had a live audience of 25,000 people to win over. My goal was never to be the loudest or the craziest. It was to be the most entertaining.” – Dwayne Johnson
14. “If your goal isn’t to be on top, then you don’t deserve to be here.” – Big E Langston
15. “It’s a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired ― you quit when the gorilla is tired.” – Robert Strauss
16. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
17. “To me, wrestling is therapy. No matter how bad my personal situation is, when I step into the ring, all my troubles disappear. My baggage stays in the back where it belongs.” – Eddie Guerrero
18. “The pain of preparation is nothing like the pain of losing.” – John Smith
19. “Anyone can enjoy a wrestling match, but it’s how you feel about that person that takes it to another level.” – Charlotte Flair
20. “You can’t just learn wrestling overnight.” – Tony Ferguson
Wrestling quotes to ignite your competitive spirit
21. “The whole wrestling art, it’s a whole form, is performance, and that’s what makes it so exciting to do.” – Florence Pugh
22. “Life is like a wrestling match: a lot of times, things are looking good, and then something happens, and you’re fighting from underneath.” – Matt Hardy
23. “Wrestling is my life, and if I’m not training or in the gym, then I’m watching videos to learn more about it.” – Drew McIntyre
24. “A lot of people, especially performers in wrestling, feel that winning the title is the only statistic that matters, but it’s always about the journey. If you don’t have the people behind you, believing in you, and the start of a new chapter after winning the title, then you don’t have anything.” – Kenny Omega
25. “Grappling with fate is like meeting an expert wrestler: to escape, you have to accept the fall when you are thrown. The only thing that counts is whether you get back up.” – Deng Ming-Dao
26. “Everything I do is to become better, the best ever and I’m not going to stop.” – Dolph Ziggler
27. “It makes you remember every time that even the best can lose. One mistake can change everything.” – Georges St. Pierre
28. “I should think wrestling is the most positive thing in the world. The fact is, behind the scenes, there’s stuff that goes on that’s bush-league. It’s laughable.” – Bill Goldberg
29. “Wrestling is different than MMA or boxing or really any other contact sport in that you can’t really draw along an opponent.” – Jordan Burroughs
30. “Wrestling is one of the last truly rebellious American things left.” – Billy Corgan
Wrestling quotes to get your head in the game
31. “We, as a wrestling community, better remember it is more than one individual that makes a winner.” – Dan Gable
32. “No matter what kind of wrestler, everyone is afraid of getting tired.” – J. Robinson
33. “When the day comes when you don’t believe in yourself, there’s the door. Get the hell out.” – John Cena
34. “As you evolve, you learn that wrestling is not necessarily about stunts or spots. You need to go out and show the audience that they can love you for the persona you are – not because of the risk you’re willing to take or the jeopardy you’re willing to put your body in.” – Matt Hardy
35. “There’s no drama like wrestling.” – Kane
36. “The hard part for me was not the wrestling – it was showing emotion, telling a story, and being able to connect with fans. Coming out as Ric Flair’s daughter and being called athletically gifted, it’s hard to say, ‘Hey, like me! You can relate to me!’ It wasn’t working, so I completely switched my character.” – Charlotte Flair
37. “This whole wrestling world is a different breed, there’s no doubt.” – Roman Reigns
38. “I learned to associate discomfort with getting better. And that transcended wrestling and applied to a lot of other things in life.” – Tim Ferriss
39. “When I started wrestling, I started only to get in shape. I found out that a wrestling school had opened in Ireland, and I wanted to go because I was hanging out with the wrong crowd and I wanted to turn my life around.” – Becky Lynch
40. “They say that wrestlers are actors, and they couldn’t be more wrong. The truth is wrestling and acting could not be more opposite. Wrestling is explosion, and acting is implosion.” – Roddy Piper
Wrestling quotes to inspire and empower you
41. “I’ve always liked watching wrestling, but once you are on the other end of it, you develop a certain passion for it and respect for it, and I would like to accomplish everything I want to before calling it quits.” – Alexa Bliss
42. “That is the thing that wrestling is, we are who we are. Even when we are established we are not actors. We are wrestlers.” – Terry Funk
43. “When you have such a love and passion for wrestling and you love to work, you want to get in with good workers.” – Nikki Bella
44. “As for my own fitness, with my packed schedule, I try to mix it up with different things every day. That includes powerlifting, isometrics, yoga, sprints, jogging, and, of course, wrestling. I’ve learned that all you need to do is move and do different things to challenge yourself.” – Natalya Neidhart
45. “I have so many great memories of the wrestling business. I’ve worked real hard to get to the top, and how many flukes and breaks to have happened that had allowed me to have the success that I did.” – Stone Cold Steve Austin
46. “Champions never sleep, the eternal spirit keep them alert and awake.” – Amit Ray
47. “Pro wrestling is entertainment, but people get hurt all of the time.” – Booker T
48. “A lot of my intensity in wrestling was due to my mental preparation before the matches. I got myself into a different world.” – Dan Gable
49. “Wrestling is a team sport, and an individual sport all rolled into one.” – William Baldwin
50. “I enjoy wrestling. I enjoy the sport. I get to go against the world’s best athletes.” – Jordan Burroughs
Which of these wrestling quotes encourages your mental toughness?
Do you have a passion for wrestling and the drive to become a legendary athlete? Becoming a champion takes hard work, talent, and dedication. Whether you started wrestling in high school or just recently picked up the sport, you’ll love these motivational quotes. Keep these encouraging words of wisdom in mind the next time you’re cheering on your favorite wrestlers.
Wrestling is a tough sport that’s perfect for people with strong ambitions and a competitive spirit. Read these wrestling quotes for inspiration if you’re a player, coach, or fan. At the end of the day, the most important aspect of any sport is to constantly be improving yourself. Share these inspirational quotes with an athlete in your life who could use some encouragement on their journey to greatness.
What are your favorite famous quotes about wrestling? Let us know in the comment section below.